D.I.Y Jeweled Beanie



I love during the winter that you're able to add even more layers to your outfits. I find myself wearing more beanies in the Winter season vs Fall.   I made a vow to myself that I would step out of my box and rock more adventurous accessories. While reading  December's Style Watch Magazine back in November I stumbled upon this picture






How cute is this Cinq a Sept wool beanie? Being a fashionista on a budget, there was no way I could fork out $295 for a hat. But I knew I had to find a way to recreate this hat even though I didn't have all the cool broaches. While I was at the craft store for another project, I was looking for pieces to add to my hat.



Here's What I Used:
  •  Beanie or skully 
  • 1 strand of pearls
  • 2 pair of drop earrings 
  • 1 pair of stud earrings 
  • Hot glue gun
  • Pair of nail clippers

Step 1:
I first used the pearls then I realized I needed something else to make a little chicer. So found an old pair of earrings and added to the hat. I used a finger nail clipper to cut the jewelry from the original piece.


Step 2:
 Before applying the glue I had to figure out the placement for the jewelry pieces. It took me three trial and errors to figure out how I wanted my final product to look.

Step 3: 
It's time to glue on the pieces for the beanie. When using hot glue there sometimes can be stringy excess glue. Just remember to pull the excess string off of the hat when you're done.


Being that I have natural hair, my hair tends to have more volume.  I was afraid of stretching out the hat which would cause pieces to would fall off.  But I haven't had any problems with that just yet. This hat reminds me of the berets that my grandmother would have when I was younger. I'm looing forward to rocking my new jeweled beanie for the remainder of the season.

Until the next D.I.Y,


0 comments

prev
next